Roe v. Legal Review
Virtually all legal review determined it was a bad ruling:
- Yale Law: Professor John Hart Ely It "is not constitutional law and gives almost no sense of an obligation to try to be."
- Harvard Law: Professor Laurence Tribe, "behind [Roe's] own verbal smokescreen, the substantive judgment on which it rests is nowhere to be found."
- Justices White and Rehnquist, “By the time of the adoption of the Fourteenth Amendment..., there were at least 36 laws... limiting abortion... thus the drafters did not intend to have the Fourteenth Amendment withdraw from the States the power to legislate with respect to this matter.”
- Archibald Cox wrote: "[Roe's] failure.... Neither historian, nor layman, nor lawyer will be persuaded that all the prescriptions of Justice Blackmun are part of the Constitution."
- Liberal law professors Alan Dershowitz, Cass Sunstein, and Kermit Roosevelt all expressed disappointment with Roe decision.
The only people that agree with it, are either ignorant, don't give a shit about the Constitution, rule of law, or ethics: they just want to get their way.