- Hillary Campaign and the DNC paid (though Fusion GPS as the proxy)Steele (a known Trump hater who admitted that he was "passionate about [Trump] not becoming President"), worked with Russians, to create the "Steele dossier".
- The Democrats lied that this had happened, first denying it. Later getting caught.
- Democrats also claimed that the Republicans had paid for this first, that was later debunked too.
- The "pee-pee" dossier, known for it's claim that Russians had evidence that Trump had hookers urinate on him for money, and has since been completely discredited as fully of fantasies and lies, and events that couldn't have happened (people have logs/evidence of being elsewhere).
- The Steele dossier formed an essential part of the intial and all three renewal FISA applications against Carter Page.
- Andrew McCabe confirmed that no FISA warrant would have been sought from the FISA Court without the Steele dossier information.
- The political origins of the Steele dossier were known to senior DOJ and FBI officials, but excluded from the FISA applications.
- DOJ official Bruce Ohr met with Steele beginning in the summer of 2016 and relayed to DOJ information about Steele’s bias. Steele told Ohr that he, Steele, was desperate that Donald Trump not get elected president and was passionate about him not becoming president
- Obstruction of justice. If there are crimes or lies in revealing anything in the memo, then that would be obstruction of justice -- more than firing Comey.
- Democrats claimed this memo would harm national security by revealing sources and process: there's no evidence of that in this 4 page memo, or in anything that was redacted.
- Democrats claimed this would undermine national security.