(Disclosure: I'm pro-choice first trimester,
|Republicans would take away a woman's choice, late term abortions are mostly done for health of the mother/baby, Roe v Wade was good law and protects a Woman's right to choose. Repealing it would outlaw abortions and make Women into chattel.
|Democrats and Republicans are both split on where life begins (and abortion should be allowed), most Americans are against 3rd trimester abortions, and 99% of 3rd trimester abortions are done for reasons other than health of the mother/fetus, and Roe v. Wade was Judicial overreach, and without it, most states would still support 1st Trimester abortion (37 States had already legalized it before Roe, and many more would since): so the fight isn't about choice, it's about how viable a baby should be before we protect it from extermination.
You can click on any of these slide titles (or images) for more details, research and references.
Abortion Slides : 13 items
With those stats/facts in mind, remember which side is the extremists in the abortion discussion: Abortion : 6 items
- Gosnell: The Trial of America's Biggest Serial Killer (2018) - Abortion issue you come down on, and whether you support Roe v. Wade or not (I'm pro-choice myself), this was a fascinating story on how much the "abortion at any cost" crowd allowed, in the name of their agenda. Since I value truth more than a political agenda, I found it very worthwhile, I suspect many that put their agenda above bad behavior will hate the movie.
- 2019.09.25 Hiding the Abortionist - FakeNews includes lies of omission and deciding newsworthy stories need to be buried or not reported on, because they contradict their political agenda. Like ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, NPR, PBS all ignoring the story (NYT and CNN burying it) of an Indiana/Illinois abortionist (Ulrich Kopfer) who had died on Sept. 3., and then the remains of 2,246 aborted babies were founded neatly labeled and preserved (as trophies) in his Garage. Kopfer had lost his abortion license in 2015 for failing to report the rape of a 13-year-old patient and numerous other health violations. The only reason for considering that story not Newsworthy and suppressing it, is political agenda: which is also what they did about Gosnell. All the news that's fit to hide from the public, is not in any of the mastheads of these supposed News outlets, but it should be.
- 2019.02.01 Va. Gov Ralph Northam - Poor Ralph, the Democrat Governor for Virginia, got caught dressing up for Halloween in blackface (1984). Of course CNN reported him as a Republican, but like many racist politicians, he is devoutly Democrat. The NYT tried to spin it as "Dark Makeup", as if his smokey eye got out of control. So long Ralph, we hardly knew ya.
- 2019.01.22 NY Reproductive Health Act - Abortion for more background), but whether you're pro-choice or pro-life, you should be offended by the dishonestly named NY "Reproductive Health Act" that the Democrats and Cuomo just passed, and all of its provision. They claim this is about protecting Roe v Wade -- they are liars: it has virtually nothing to do with that.
- 1994.02.03 Mother Teresa v Hillary Clinton - In 1994 during the National Prayer Breakfast, First Lady Hillary Clinton asked Mother Teresa, "Why do you think we haven't had a Woman President yet?". Mother Teresa replied, "Because she was aborted". There are a few variants of the story that have been told (and slight variants on date), so it might be lore. But it completely fits with the character and views of both the participants. And Mother Teresa had challenged the Clintons on abortion during the event.
Anyone that calls me an extremist or pro-lifer is a liar, polemic or moron. My position align with most Americans in that I'm pro-choice in the first trimester, and I'm pro-life at viability (with a little padding). I'm even more pro-choice than my wife and many Americans in that I'm fine with abortions up to about 20 weeks. While the extremes are at conception and birth, most people start considering a baby a human being with something else like 3 weeks (when the heart starts beating), 6 weeks (brain activity), 8 weeks (quickening and the baby starts moving around), 10 weeks (when the baby can do coordinated moves like hiccup, stretch, yawn, suck, swallow, grasp, and thumb-suck), or 12-14 weeks (when they start having memory and not startling at repeated noises).
Where a lot of people get confused is they assume because you are against a bad ruling (Roe v. Wade) they think that means you're against the cause. I like the Roe v. Wade framework, even though the Supreme Court had no authority to make it. It was a later/worse decision (Planned Parenthood v. Casey) that undermined Roe and allowed so much doctors discretion and terminations up to 24 weeks, and it's so poorly enforced, that virtually thousands of viable babies were born live and crying, and killed because of doctors discretion. Some like Kermit Gosnell were sent to prison for extending the rules beyond those limits, but only after 30 years of cover-ups. So I can be both pro-choice, and against judicial activism and the genocide of viable full-term babies, and think Roe was a bad ruling, and Casey was worse. It's called having a personal position and not being willing to give up your integrity to "win" or support it. If the Democrats tried that more often, I'd still vote with them.
Abortion : Roe v. Wade • Kermit Gosnell • Margaret Sanger • NY Reproductive Health Act • Unplanned (2019) • Mother Teresa v Hillary Clinton