Our "experts" and agencies that we poured billions into failed miserably at their charters. The TLA's (Three Letter Agencies) like the WHO, CDC, FDA, CIA and CCP, all blew chunks and/or lied, undermining faith in them amongst the rational. The mainstream media was an embarrassment, getting most stories wrong by taking the far left view of everything, and later being discredited and having to reverse themselves. By being the tools of the far left (DNC) and MSM, Big Tech (Social Media) was worse, censoring stories that didn't fit their agenda, and later it turning out all they did is magnify disinformation that they claimed to be protecting us from. And of course progressive's (politicians and individuals), in demanding conformity to the far left collective, managed to do more harm than COVID ever could. So what did we learn?
|COVID Masks||Since COVID was transmitted through particulates, and asymptomatic people transmitted the disease, Mask mandates would save lives.||COVID is transmitted through aerosols, asymptomatic people are not really contagious, and Mask mandates did far more harm than good: distracting us from more effective action and dividing America between the informed/skeptical and the blind following Karen's, ignoring the science and lecturing everyone else, and causing fights.|
|COVID Shutdown||The shutdowns were enacted as "14 days to flatten the curve", to prevent hospitals from being overwhelmed (especially ventilators).||Once enacted the far left wouldn't let the shutdown end. Millions of jobs lost, suicides, depressions. Ventilators were shown as one of the worst ways to treat COVID, so the problem wasn't a lack of them, but abuse of them. Only after conservative places (Red States) ignored the lockdowns and outperformed the progressive places (Blue States), for months, and were called Neanderthals and murders, did the fascist left have to cave. Remember, without the liberty of conservatives ignoring progressives, we'd still be locked down: despite the science showing what a bad idea they were.|
|COVID Trump||According to the far left media, social media, and DNC, everything Trump said was wrong, like Operation Warp Speed would get a vaccine before the end of 2020, Hydroxychloroquine had no evidence, other drugs like Remdesivir or Ivermectin were false hope, that COVID originated in China, that the travel ban was racist, that it might have originated in a lab, that Trump had claimed COVID was a Hoax, or was too slow to respond, that lack of testing was his fault, or it would have helped, and so on.||In truth, each of those things was later proven that Trump and the conservatives were correct, and that the leftists, Biden, and their Press (and Social Media and Fake Fact Checkers) were all embarrassingly wrong.|
The WHO repeated disinformation, the Chinese CCP lied and destroyed evidence, the CIA failed to warn adequately on those lies, the CDC under-reacted at the start and overreacted later (both doing more harm than if they didn't exist), the Models were a complete fucking disaster. Basically, all the agencies meant to help, made it worse. The acronym SNAFU (System Normal: All Fucked Up) comes to mind. Without these agencies, the private sector just worked better. How do we know? Countries that responded the best: South Korea, Germany, Singapore, Taiwan -- all did the right things without the equivalent of these agencies to guide them.
COVID-FAIL : 7 items
COVID WHO -
- 2019.12.31 Taiwan warns WHO of atypical pneumonia spreading in Wuhan that Wuhan authorities believed "it was not SARS", WHO not only ignored it, they suppressed the information from later reports that they were warned/asked to investigate.
- 2020.01.14 WHO tweeted, "no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel #coronavirus (2019-nCoV)".
- 2020.01.29 WHO tells us not to wear masks during COVID outbreak.
- 2020.02.15 WHO's chief Tedros was telling the world, China has contained it, bought us time and is doing great... it already had person to person spread in the U.S., and China's numbers were frauds.
- 2020.03.03 Since Dec, they've repeated that the death rate of COVID is 3.4%, which the R0 (contagion) and it's less stealth and requires a different response than a disease that is spreading wider (but the death rate is lower). The facts are the R0 is likely double what the we thought and the death rate is <0.3% or 1/10th what the WHO claimed: these require radically different responses.
- 2020.04.14 WHO says that people shouldn't be allowed to Drink Alcohol during COVID lockdown as it, "exacerbate health vulnerability, risk-taking behaviours, mental health issues and violence".
- 2020.04.25 WHO scares people with misleading tweet that no evidence that people who have recovered from #COVID19 have any immunity. This is false as plasma (antibody) therapy was helping, as well as would mean we couldn't vaccinate anyone. FakeNews like Bloomberg was repeating it. So WHO deleted it and later offered an update correcting it.
COVID Trump - The Trump hating (TDS suffering) media, decided everything Trump said was wrong. Lies about Trump and COVID included: Trump claimed COVID is a hoax, Trump claimed drinking Lysol is a cure, Trump claiming vaccines in 2020 was impossible, Hydroxychloroquine had no evidence or broader that other drugs like Remdesivir or Ivermectin were false hope, that it originated in China, that the travel ban was racist, that it might have originated in a lab.
COVID Shutdown - COVID Models were off by 4-10x or more, and we never neared capacity, even in the worst hit places. We had at least twice the ventilators per capita as Germany at the start and was surging manufacturing to have many times that in months. Oh, and ventilators turned out to be the worst way to treat it (with 80% dying anyways). As long as the economy was still alive and Trump might get re-elected, they are prepared to burn the whole economy down for their political ends: creating a dependency class of unemployed dependents is what they wanted all along. The most effective mitigation is the one that does the least harm, but keeps from destroying lives: the Swedish Model. The Shutdown does the most harm possible. Despite experts from top Universities saying End the Shutdown the anti-liberty left, doesn't care about the lives they're ruining.
COVID Models - There were models to teach us what we had to worry about with the Pandemic.
- 2020.03.13 NYT had their model which predicted 9.4M infections at peak (100M overall), and 1M dead and 366K ICU cases. That was with Social Distancing, cancelling large events and work from home. Based on what actually happened, that was pure fear mongering.
- 2020.03.17 Imperial College of London Covid-19 Response Team (Dr. Neil M. Ferguson) claimed even with Social Distancing & Quarantine, best case we would see 1.1 Million dead and Hospitals overwhelmed in America and worst case was 2.2 Million dead. FakeNews like The Intercept, NYT and CNN was hyping that.
- 2020.03.14 The CHIME model (Penn Medicines: COVID-19 Hospital Impact Model for Epidemics), was for modeling individual Hospitals and regions, and later turned out to way over-estimate the demands. But the media was more focused on national rather than regional modeling, so it didn't get as much attention unless sensationalizing the local impact of the crisis.
- 2020.03.26 The UW IHME (University of Washington, Institute of Health Metrics and Evaluation), estimated 93K (39-177K) deaths, they dropped this to 82K (49-136K) on 04.07, and kept revising the numbers over time. While their initial projections in death rate were inflated, they were off by more on their Hospitalization and ICU beds (peak demand of 40,646 ICU beds, and a bed shortage of 23K ICU beds). They halved those projections over the next weeks, but were still off by 5-10x actual requirements. Regionally they were often worse.
- 2020.03.29 Donald Trump said the death projections were between 100-200K, but we expected to get that down with the latest measures and upcoming treatments and the media was aghast. MSNBC (Chris Hayes) and others accused the President of lying or sandbagging (inflating numbers). But people called them on it, and pointed out it was Fauci, the task forces numbers based on the IMHE model, so that was shut down pretty quickly.
COVID Masks - Masks for stopping COVID defies science.
- Some bad studies claim to show through inference that masks work, because a few place had lower case loads and wore masks -- but they ignore other better reasons for fewer cases and ignore outliers that prove them wrong. Other better studies/papers contradict the efficacy (especially before the politics of COVID), and credible places call them more placebos or "talisman's" -- good for politics or confidence but little else.
- If the cloth masks worked against COVID, then cities, states or countries with masks mandates would outperform those that didn't. You can cherry pick places that had fewer cases and mask mandates (but it's nearly impossible to isolate it to masks as the cause and not other things), and other places that were disastrous despite mask mandates (like Belgium) which proves that they are not a prime contributor to slowing the disease.
- We know that most people that got COVID were mask wearers. (The CDC says >85%, but other studies show U.S. compliance is closer to 93% and we still had a second outbreak).
- There is a lot of evidence that masks may actually exacerbate issues: touching, talking louder, getting closer and repeating yourself, false security, moist place for virus to survive, all contribute to increased risk, not decreases.
COVID CIA - Bush lied... fiasco (where George Tenet said, "WMD's were a slam dunk") look like it was competent.
COVID CDC & FDA - The CDC's main goal is to protect public health from things like Global Pandemics (COVID). The FDA's is around drugs, treatments and medical instruments. Both screwed up epically around COVID:
- They trusted/repeated the WHO and China's numbers, which overstated deaths and understated cases -- as an agency they aren't there to rubber stamp what Communists tell them, but to validate them. By believing those numbers -- the CDC assumed the death rate was high and the contagion was low of SARS-COV-2, which meant they failed to respond in a competent way.
- They repeated the WHO in saying that we shouldn't be wearing masks, which let the contagion spread faster/further than it would have, and FDA blocked "non-authorized" masks from being made/distributed until overridden.
- When testing started, they added a 3rd component to the test, which was tainted and gave false positives. The FDA refused to let private labs produce without that 3rd tainted component -- and it delayed American testing scale up.
- They encouraged "Shelter-in-place" to cause economic ruination (depression and loss of life) without evidence that it was materially better than Social Distancing or more moderate and less harmful measures.
- The CDC encourage (and the Government incentivizes) Hospitals to overstate COVID cases.
So it is good to listen to the experts... but with critical thinking (skepticism).
- Experts were saying nothing to worry about until late January -- but based on our first death Feb 6th, it means that Social Spread was happening in mid January and the experts were clueless
- The experts models were off by orders of magnitude, predicting 2.2M deaths in the U.S. WITH Shelter-in-place and other efforts.
- The CDC and FDA totally blew it on testing -- and their numbers on fatality rates were a joke. Long after the various COVID Studies were telling us they were 1/10th or 1/30th what they were saying, they stuck to scaremongering.
Agencies paid for by politicians, and full of political appointees, are political organizations. Their agenda in this was not to calm the public, or relay the information we had -- but to lie to us for political gain. First to tell us nothing to worry about when there obviously was, then later to cry wolf when the data was showing this was a sneaky virus, just nowhere near as deadly as they were telling us. And they stuck to their exaggerations, long after they should have known better.